If you have a concern or complaint, please follow the QPS procedural guidelines as outlined below:
To provide clear guidelines on procedures for expressing concerns or making complaints connected with the school curriculum or management.
To satisfy parents that the teaching and management standards of the school will be maintained to the highest levels and ensure that appropriate processes are in place in the event that any concerns/complaints arise.
- In most cases, the first course of action for a parent/caregiver should be to discuss a matter of concern directly with the staff member involved. It is not uncommon for misunderstandings to arise between school and home that can be easily resolved by direct discussion.
- If this is not successful the parent/caregiver should speak with the appropriate Team Leader.
- If the parent/caregiver is not satisfied with the steps taken by the Team Leader or they feel unable to discuss the matter directly with the Team Leader they should make an appointment to discuss the matter with the Deputy Principal (DP). They will then investigate the concern and find a resolution acceptable to all parties.
- If the parent/caregiver is not satisfied with the steps taken by the DP they should make an appointment to discuss the matter with the Principal. If the DP feels that the matter is beyond his/her responsibility, then s/he should refer it to the Principal to investigate. The Principal will investigate the concern and find a resolution acceptable to all parties. If the Principal feels that the matter is beyond his/her responsibility, then s/he will refer it to the Board of Trustees.
- If the parent/caregiver is not satisfied with steps taken by the Principal, or if the concern involves the Principal then the parent/caregiver should write to the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees. The Chairperson will then communicate with the parent regarding the concern. An appropriate investigation will take place. The Privacy Act will apply to the investigation.
- The parent/caregiver will be informed in writing of the measures and processes undertaken regarding any issue brought to the Board.