"The New Zealand Curriculum acknowledges the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and the bicultural foundations of Aotearoa New Zealand. All students have the opportunity to acquire knowledge of te reo Maori me ona tikanga." (NZ Curriculum p.9)
At QPS we offer the students a range of Maori opportunities and experiences.
- Te Reo me nga Tikanga Maori being taught within the classrooms
- Optional Kapa Haka available to all students
- Mihi Whakatau; to welcome new students and staff
- Hangi; learning the process of traditional cooking and partaking in a feast
- Matariki; learning about and acknowledging the Maori New Year
Our teaching and learning programme for Te Reo me nga Tikanga Maori is based on material from the website below. Click the image to be taken to He Reo Tupu, He Reo Ora.