The Physical Education programmes offered at Queenstown Primary School aims to develop each student's enthusiasm for physical activity, with the emphasis on participation, enjoyment and the building of team spirit.
Your child will have some form of PE activity daily. Additionally each classroom has a 45 minute skill based lesson that is delivered by our specialist PE teacher. The specialist teacher helps students to develop their skills in a wide range of physical activities. From New Entrants to Year 8, students participate in a developmental programme which focuses on attaining full movement potential and confidence to maintain an active, healthy lifestyle.
As students progress through the school, they participate in swimming carnivals, Cross Country, Athletics and Netball and have the opportunity to represent the school in a wide variety of sports at Central Otago and Otago levels.
Some of the programmes that we provide as part of our Physical Education curriculum are:
- Touch Rugby - New Entrant-Year 8, after school hours
- Rippa Rugby - New Entrant-Year 8, after school hours
- Swimming lessons - New Entrant-Year 8
- Netball - Year 3-Year 8, Saturdays
- Skiing/Snowboarding - Year 3-Year 8
- Ice-skating - New Entrant-Year 2
- Perceptual Motor Programme (PMP)- New Entrant-Year 1
We have an excellent sporting reputation in the community and are very proud of the opportunities that we provide our students.